Monday, August 30, 2004

Hurricane Frances May Strike Macondo Law's Turf

I am watching the trajectory of Hurricane Frances very carefully. I'm hoping it veers sufficiently north, actually that would be in a West-NorthWest trajectory, so as to avoid having to put up shutters. There are an awful lot of glass windows and sliding doors here. All windows that open have those accordion type shutters installed, so that is a no brainer. But installing the aluminum panels on the others and on two sets of sliding doors is a pain.

But that's the least of my worries. Whenever we have a hurricane strike us we then have to deal with loss of power, water (pumps not functioning), and usually without phone service as well. So, for readers outside Puerto Rico, if you don't see me post anything else for some time, you'll know what happened. And for those in Puerto Rico, well, you will not notice since you will likely be just as helpless as me.