Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Obama and the Dems Better Get their Act Together

I was so glad that the Obama administration decided to take on health care. And I was extremely glad when he pushed for a public option. Truly, I'm all for telling insurance companies to go to hell, and would like to see universal health coverage, but would settle for a single payer system. I'd even settle for just having a decent public option.

Yet I am deeply disappointed to see that President Obama is even considering as something acceptable the half-baked so-called public option hatched by the Democratic right wing - and I'm talking of the idea of cooperatives. This is not a solution. See Making the Case for Public Plan Option, Part III: Coops are Not the Answer at Balkinization.

Give us a real public option or else forget about 2010 or 2012!